Breast Cancer Family History Workshop
Who should attend: This event is aimed at Breast Care Nursing staff working in the NHS.
- Understand the role of BRCA genes & have a basic understanding of cancergenetics.
- Understand gene testing techniques, its limitations and possible outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the psycho-social responses to diagnosis and familyimpact and cultural issues.
- Increase knowledge of projects e.g. BOCS and 100K Genomes.
Following the workshop, nurses should have a greater understanding of:
- Interpret clinical family history to make accurate genetic risk assessment in thecontext of individual clinical situations.
- Use Manchester score & BOADICEA risk assessment score to determine if a familymembers are eligible for BRCA gene testing on the NHS.
- Use BOADICEA to assess maternal and paternal family history.
- Appreciate the ethical & psychosocial issues considered during the process of riskassessment.
- Recognise professional boundaries including when to refer on in complex situations.
To book or if you have any queries contact Joanne King on 0151 802 5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prices: FREE to NHS staff, butyou mustregister toattend by Friday20th October2017 otherwiseyou will not beadmitted.